ShimExt - A Windows datestamp shell utility
ShimExt is a right click context menu that provide these file/folder operations:
- Copy the full path of the selected file or folder to the clipboard.
- Copy the selected file or folder to the same folder with a datestamp.
- Rename the selected file or folder with a date stamp.
Example of right-clicking a file named “billings.rtf”…
The selected file or folder can be copied or renamed with an appended date stamp. The date format can be customized.
How the datestamp is determined
- For files, the modified date is used.
- For folders:
- If the folder contains no files, system time is used.
- If the folder contains files, the first 5000 files are checked to determine the most recent modifed date.
- Initial release
- Allow for multiple file selections.
- Added “Copy Name to Clipboard” option.
- Fixed memory leak in clipboard function.
- Added option to place datestamp before the file name.
- Added option for stamp attribute: system time/accessed/created
- MSVC 2012 libraries are now statically linked.
- Periods in folder names are now handled properly.
- Text month formats now allowed: %b, %B. %A and %a still not allowed due to SYSTEMTIME-> tm conversion causing a crash.
- Default format now has underscore after date.
- Test project now works in VS 2012.
- Fixed newline issue when pasting to notepad.
- Added datestamp copy/rename to subfolder in current folder. Balloon tip in system tray notifies user of success.
- Various fixes related to file operations.
Download ShimExt (free)
- Windows Vista or greater.